When it is about wedding photography, all that we think about are the couple who are going to get hitched, the location, the props, the dresses, to name a few. Little do we think about how a wedding photographer feels or what he/she thinks about, and even what are all in his/her kitty that need to be taken care of.
Here are some of the things or situations that are not only scary for the couple to get married but the photographer as well. So, let’s take a look at it.
- If the Photographer Falls Sick: The first in the list is of course falling sick. What can be worse for a wedding photographer than falling sick on the day of your clients’ wedding where you have already committed to reach on time and make their wedding a memorable day by clicking unmatched photographs. However, even if you are not in a state to get out of your bed and be at the venue; to not ruin their most precious day, you can let the bride or the groom know about your situation. Also it is always a prudent idea to keep a plan ‘B’ ready in hand. Since you are from the wedding photography fraternity, you must be in contact with other photographers of the same forte; so all that you can do at that point of time is to hand over the job to someone else who can do justice to your client’s day.
- If the Weather becomes an Obstacle: Bad weather is another scary thing for the wedding photographers. It may happen that everything is all set but Mother Nature refuses to back you up on the very day. So, you need to make sure that ‘bad weather’ is in there in your clause, because that’s something that is not in your hands. Also, you should check the weather forecasts beforehand and reach the venue a day ahead, if need be.
- Trouble with Equipment: Equipment malfunction is no different from the rest of the horrors. However, this is something that’s in your hand. As everything is decided between you and your client, you need to keep a check on each of your equipment that you are going to carry to the venue of the wedding photography. In case, there is any kind of malfunction, you can get it repaired beforehand or you can get a second piece ready in hand.
- Ample Hours of Rest: Good hours of rest should be in the list. A wedding photographer’s job is not an easy one. They are on their feet from the time the wedding starts till the time everybody is gone from the venue. They are the ones who have to be present in every corner of the venue and they cannot afford to miss any special moment or any kind of wedding drama. To make sure, you as a wedding photographer do all of these things, you should take ample of hours of rest a day before the wedding.
- Finding other Photographers at the Venue: The last but not the least, if you find out that you are not the only wedding photographer in the venue but there are many others as well, you need to make sure that you catch the moments that the bride and the groom will cherish forever. That’s where your uniqueness will come to the limelight.
These are just some of the situations that may occur. Nevertheless, we can handle all of them with the right alternate options and a bit of presence of mind.